Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:53 am

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

+12
>nocturnal<
fat_bunny
psylancer
lightning_siput
who m i?
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
bumi dragon lord
Ms Kye
halo
Heby_KakiOfUKF
Kopitiam_kaki™
Acme
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by alexander721 Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 pm

psylancer wrote:
alexander721 wrote:why???? i might be from taz,bgr...why so particular with cempaka oh?

I'm just taking a wild guess, anyhow I'm withdrawing my question.

cheers, buddy!!!
i'm maybe not from cpk...but it was a close guess... Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 365763
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by Acme Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 pm

psylancer wrote:If failing a paper dictates the eligibility of that individual earning the Dean's List, wouldn't that disregard the CGPA calculation altogether? Also, please consider the population of the students from FK with the other faculties. Naturally, because we have a higher amount of students there, we stand a higher chance in generating Dean Listers.
Note that I'm saying about GPA, not CGPA. Dean's list is in concern of your GPA, not CGPA. Clear.
I'm saying quality of syllabus, weights and difficulties. Clearly as well, its shown by the numbers, but ever notice the GPA? Perfect four everyone? CGPA naturally will be perfect four.

Ever know about the management board have dispute with the numbers of people getting DL? And why have the first years DL changed to 3.75? (or maybe some other figures). Just heard from a friend who took core course at FSKPM, lecturer shows unfair discrimination towards FSS students. Goes that the FSKPM student complain with the lecturer about how the FSS lecturer "kantoi" them in their complementary course.

Note: Syllubus is the term here and the weights.
Crazy already, don't know what I'm typing.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Heby_KakiOfUKF Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 pm

JanBB wrote:my faculty's papers hard...hard for us to score for final exam, eventhough 40 marks only and some are 50 marks...but i jz noe some of DL in my faculty are very easy to get their good result....why??

we got a lot of assgn and project to do until x time to do our revision. so some of the DL in my faculty really pandai one lah...x only pandai in academic, but pandai in neglect their responsibilities to do the assgn and project..all d assgn and project they x involve loh...eventhough involved but do less things or do the wrong one, not pay responsible or effort to do all tat...so they got time to do their revision, and their carry marks still high cz got their group members help them to do...DL??hehe....wanna laugh...

but of course got some really brilliant one can handle their assgn and projects and still got good marks in final lah...

thn tat's mean i m in the brilliant category....hahahaha...cous i took part in every of my assignments and projects...and still can score well in my final....sry ah...hahahaha....JanBB no offence,k.....i juz kidding only...i think i m in the lucky one category...do assignments and projects, study like others did and still can score well...mayb i m lucky thn others gua...haha
Heby_KakiOfUKF
Heby_KakiOfUKF

Female
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:05 pm

~likin~ memang keng one la, will i see you in DU on 29th Nov for the *ahem* ceremony?
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm

if we want to score well in final, sure we need to work hard for it...and if work hard, sure final can gain good result...i mean is we need to pay double time to do assgn and projects and study for final...for those "dean-list", they only work hard for study and not on their assgn and projects cz got another group members help them to do...

by d way, i think involved in every assgn and projects are good, cz learn more things in practical...cz IT not only studying knowledge but also applying it...jz study frm book or lecture's slides is not enuf loh...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 pm

JanBB wrote:so some of the DL in my faculty really pandai one lah...x only pandai in academic, but pandai in neglect their responsibilities to do the assgn and project..all d assgn and project they x involve loh...eventhough involved but do less things or do the wrong one, not pay responsible or effort to do all tat...so they got time to do their revision, and their carry marks still high cz got their group members help them to do...DL??hehe....wanna laugh...
If you are to counter such situations, just complain to the lecturer, and they are suppose to do something about it, else, exclude their names? Why want your produce of hard work given to someone who did not contribute? Scare they scold and blame? They don't deserve the marks, simple. There is no free lunch.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Acme wrote:
JanBB wrote:so some of the DL in my faculty really pandai one lah...x only pandai in academic, but pandai in neglect their responsibilities to do the assgn and project..all d assgn and project they x involve loh...eventhough involved but do less things or do the wrong one, not pay responsible or effort to do all tat...so they got time to do their revision, and their carry marks still high cz got their group members help them to do...DL??hehe....wanna laugh...
If you are to counter such situations, just complain to the lecturer, and they are suppose to do something about it, else, exclude their names? Why want your produce of hard work given to someone who did not contribute? Scare they scold and blame? They don't deserve the marks, simple. There is no free lunch.

sigh...jz be optimist a bit loh...i gain d knowledge rite?hehe...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 pm

One thing is that, not to be cruel to yourself. People always misused the teaching of Jesus in the bible, which layman define as when you're hit on your right cheek, let them hit your left cheek too. But the bible also says never let other to take advantage on you blindly. And also bible says that it is a sin to not inform your "brothers and sisters" who are committing crime and not correcting them.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 am

Acme wrote:Note that I'm saying about GPA, not CGPA. Dean's list is in concern of your GPA, not CGPA. Clear.
I'm saying quality of syllabus, weights and difficulties. Clearly as well, its shown by the numbers, but ever notice the GPA? Perfect four everyone? CGPA naturally will be perfect four.

Ever know about the management board have dispute with the numbers of people getting DL? And why have the first years DL changed to 3.75? (or maybe some other figures). Just heard from a friend who took core course at FSKPM, lecturer shows unfair discrimination towards FSS students. Goes that the FSKPM student complain with the lecturer about how the FSS lecturer "kantoi" them in their complementary course.

Note: Syllubus is the term here and the weights.
Crazy already, don't know what I'm typing.

Well spotted, it's GPA, my bad. OK, let's see, what do you mean by CGPA naturally will be perfect four?

While I'm quite oblivious about the management's board's dispute, I'm still unaware of the current DL's bar, is it confirmed that it is 3.75? Which comes to another question, my (word) DL is not in yet, and I'm getting a little anxious and pissed now.

FSS vs FSKPM? Well, that is something that I may never be able to witness, my friends have been cruising through pretty fine, or maybe its just them?

Note : The syllabus, weight and difficulties have been well debated over the years, but again, I would like to emphasize that my point is only supported by the rule of probabilities, of course those three variables are important but bear in mind, they are subject to change with the quality of students for a particular sample. We may have Einsteins for one batch and normal people for another

You're not crazy, just a person with an opinion and not afraid to say it Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 828579
psylancer
psylancer

Male
Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:31 am

JanBB wrote:
Acme wrote:

sigh...jz be optimist a bit loh...i gain d knowledge rite?hehe...

Yes, but you don't deserve to gain knowledge after being bullied by the so called cream of the crop of your group. Agree with acme fully, go ahead and complain to your lecturer. :D
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander721 Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 am

well..initially u have took wrong step ady..
i mean by choosing mates, as u mentioned that they r stingy!!!
u shouldn't recruit them.. cari pasal aje la..
find someone who really committed in assignment-ing rather than depend on d so-called d-lister.. that's just a title!!
WTF... who knew whether they really understood about d lecture conducted or not, they might be simply hafal and "print" d famous slide notes.
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male
Number of posts : 92

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:43 am

alexander721 wrote:well..initially u have took wrong step ady..
i mean by choosing mates, as u mentioned that they r stingy!!!
u shouldn't recruit them.. cari pasal aje la..
find someone who really committed in assignment-ing rather than depend on d so-called d-lister.. that's just a title!!
WTF... who knew whether they really understood about d lecture conducted or not, they might be simply hafal and "print" d famous slide notes.

How about being stuck with the group assigned by the lecturer? We have no say in changing group members and have to bear with the pain in the you know where. Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 642522
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 am

cz at first x noe mah...well, it is my second sem things lah..dis sem ok ok loh...will push my grp member do things...everybody calm down ya....hehe...anyway, thanks for suggestions.... :D
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

I am very calm. :D
Yes, if you hold the unfortunate position as group leader, you have no choice but to seriously delegate the jobs appropriately, that includes managing the dead weights of your group.
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fi_shy026 Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:55 pm

actually it depends to whom is taking the course, if you says FSS so hard to score, then why still got student got Dean list?????? Not logic...
Someone who get dean list really put many effort in both theory and practical, but not either one...

Dean List actually is not easy as you think, every faculties have it own so called rules and regulations, so cannot judge in this way :)
fi_shy026
fi_shy026
Black Coffe
Black Coffe

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:24 am

And also how you adapt into the system. Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 2 828579
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:41 pm

i totally agree with wat were alex and acme said that... as fss student, to do the assgmt not onli answer based on the questions but based on wat 's the thingy tat the lecturer wan... they would expect to get more than that... wat can i compare here, is the fskpm assgmt n fss assgmt.... fskpm assgmt easier score than fss assgmt... for doin fskpm assgmt, i mean hrd one... u can juz answer the question directly... nid x add up extra thingy one... then u ady can score well for the assgmt... but for fss assgmt, no... plz ask the people who ever took the elective course from fss b4, they might noe it...
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 pm

does that means that the others fac's DL is less worthy than FSS's?
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:39 pm

im not mean that... juz can said fss students have to put double effort than other facs' students to score in the exam to get DL lu...
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:38 pm

again, when are they actually having the Dean List ceremony????
it's almost the finals liao.
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 pm

i have asked my timbalan dekan, he said that there will be no ceremony for this sem.. dont know why.. haih..
piggy
piggy

Female
Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:51 am

yup, there will be no ceremony for tis sem... tat's actually unfair...
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:14 am

What the ****, is there any news about how we can collect the sijils then? Don't really bother about the ceremony, just want the certs.
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:01 am

ya, according to my timbalan dekan he said the certs will soon be pass to our own faculties and we get it from there =)
piggy
piggy

Female
Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:06 am

sweet, but which year? Coz I'm gonna do my LI the next sem, so there's only a month left before every1 fly home bo.
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next