Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

12% 12% [ 4 ]
41% 41% [ 14 ]
38% 38% [ 13 ]
9% 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 39 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:06 am

why study?

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Re: why study?

Post by green on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 am

study to make yourself busy?
disagreed...
if cannot focus so how to study?
avatar
green
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Female
Number of posts : 312
Age : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by lightning_siput on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:53 am

i think he occupy his mind with study to forget other things..

_________________
séeput

I'm a freelance photographer! Contact me for photography jobs!

Latest event:
FSGK Home Concert II
avatar
lightning_siput
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 32
Location : where lightning strikes
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoseeput

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by bumi dragon lord on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:12 pm

green wrote:study to make yourself busy?
disagreed...
if cannot focus so how to study?

have you heard of passive studying?
or subliminal influence?

i think both of the element will answer your questions.
avatar
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Age : 31
Location : hollow of hell
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by BabyTsukasa on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:21 pm

honestly, i never heard anything like that...mind enlighten me please
avatar
BabyTsukasa
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 374
Age : 31
Location : Strawberry Field Forever
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile http://amarantesamurai.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by bumi dragon lord on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 pm

BabyTsukasa wrote:honestly, i never heard anything like that...mind enlighten me please

passive reading is the person repeatedly read the books or materials
over and over again without purposely remember them and understand
them. but some how the memory and understanding comes later after the
action. this kind of technique that are used requires a lot of
discipline and effort. boredom will eventually happen cause the person
may not know what he/she is studying. if the person get through it,
he/she will enjoy the knowledge he/she has got.

the technique of studying is actually making the knowledge not just go
into your subconscious mind but also make it come to surface more
easily. there are people who study a lot but when you ask them some
questions that are simple or complicated they might not know how to
answer you in common condition. one they are in critical condition, all
the things that are in them will come out with his/her conscious. at
the same time, these group of people are developing and blending their
inner self control as well.

subliminal influence is actually happen anywhere. like coca cola, every
knows right..? try to terbalikkan the coke and focus on the words 'coca
cola', you will see a person is giving a drug and the other is taking
it. the message is not for all the consumers but for certain person
only.

you may not know it, but it haapens all the time when you are not
conscious with it. cause subliminal is an uncontrolable of our
conscious.

some people tend to use it as strength if they know.

another example of song like high school musical and pokemon, there are
alot of satanic verses when they play backward, thats also subliminal
influence. most of the verses are satanic song (english/portugal/latin)
in reverse playing. it could be couinsident but also could be
artificially made.

all of all, its up to the person to acknowledge.
avatar
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Age : 31
Location : hollow of hell
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by BabyTsukasa on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:05 pm

I see...heard that kind of things before...but influential it is...i'm not sure...some of it i think ridiculous
avatar
BabyTsukasa
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 374
Age : 31
Location : Strawberry Field Forever
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile http://amarantesamurai.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by bumi dragon lord on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:47 pm

what is ridiculous in your context?
avatar
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Age : 31
Location : hollow of hell
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by BabyTsukasa on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:48 pm

like there's a conspiracy theory behind everything! hahaha...dunno, i choose to think that it is ridiculous
avatar
BabyTsukasa
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 374
Age : 31
Location : Strawberry Field Forever
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile http://amarantesamurai.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by >nocturnal< on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:50 pm

study to make urself a civilise person though some still can't
avatar
>nocturnal<
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 29
Location : Kuching
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by bumi dragon lord on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:55 pm

BabyTsukasa wrote:like there's a conspiracy theory behind everything! hahaha...dunno, i choose to think that it is ridiculous

the theory is not apply to all the statement. it only apply to certain things only.
avatar
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Age : 31
Location : hollow of hell
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by cooldmc88 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:56 pm

studying is a lifelong process. never too old or too young to study.
avatar
cooldmc88
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 244
Age : 29
Location : sumwhere in cempaka.....
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by >nocturnal< on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:00 pm

what u study is what u are
avatar
>nocturnal<
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 29
Location : Kuching
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by >nocturnal< on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Definitions of study on the Web:

  • survey: a detailed critical inspection
  • applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading); "mastering a second language requires a lot of work"; "no schools offer graduate study in interior design"
  • report: a written document describing the findings of some individual or group; "this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale"
  • a state of deep mental absorption; "she is in a deep study"
  • a room used for reading and writing and studying; "he knocked lightly on the closed door of the study"
  • analyze: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
  • discipline: a branch of knowledge; "in what discipline is his doctorate?"; "teachers should be well trained in their subject"; "anthropology is the study of human beings"
  • be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
  • give careful consideration to; "consider the possibility of moving"
  • sketch: preliminary drawing for later elaboration; "he made several studies before starting to paint"
  • cogitation: attentive consideration and meditation; "after much cogitation he rejected the offer"
  • learn: be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam"
  • someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play); "he is a quick study"
  • learn by reading books; "He is studying geology in his room"; "I have an exam next week; I must hit the books now"
  • a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique; "a study in spiccato bowing"
  • think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes; "He is meditating in his study"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
  • A study is a room in a house which is used for paperwork, computer work, or reading. Historically, the study of a house was reserved for use as the private office and reading room of a family father as the formal head of a household, but today studies are generally either used to operate a home ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study (room)
  • An étude (a French word meaning "study") is a short musical composition designed to provide practice in a particular technical skill in the performance of a solo instrument. For example, Frédéric Chopin's etude Op. 25 No. 6 trains pianists to play rapid parallel chromatic thirds, Op. 25 No. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study (music)
  • In art, a study is a drawing, sketch or painting done in preparation for a finished piece, or as visual notes. A study can have more impact than a more-elaborately planned work, due to the fresh insights the artist is gaining while exploring his/her subject. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study (drawing)
  • The act of acquiring knowledge on a subject through concentration; A room in a house intended for reading and writing; An artwork made in order to practise or demonstrate a subject or technique; To acquire knowledge on a subject through concentration on prepared learning materials
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/study
  • a preliminary drawing for a painting; also, a work done just to "study" nature in general
    fineart.ha.com/common/glossary.php
  • study undertaken in order to gain a diploma, degree or honours degree.
    www.prospective.utas.edu.au/glossary.php
  • NYSTA's comprehensive study of transportation needs and mobility within the Thruway's Buffalo Corridor. This study is being undertaken in order to develop alternatives to address the future structural and other identified needs of the Corridor.
    www.nysthruway.gov/projectsandstudies/studies/buffalo/glossary.html
  • Study of the Torah is a central value in Judaism. In mishnaic times (100 BCE to 200 CE), public elementary schools for the education of children were developed. ...
    www.hartfordinstitute.org/ency/judaism.htm
  • A study performed by an electrophysiologist that examines the electrical activity of the heart. The study is performed while the patient is ...
    www.afanswers.com/glossary.html
  • The legacy mainframe system used to manage all aspects of GIS (Guided Independent Study) including enrolling students, paying instructors, and ...
    provost.uiowa.edu/maui/Glossary.html
  • An EP Study is a recording of the electrical activity your heart. This test is used to help your doctor find out the cause of your rhythm disturbance and the best treatment for you. ...
    www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/glossary/e.asp
  • A work of art that is an initial attempt or part of the final work, but not the final work itself.
    www.saffronart.com/sitepages/glossary.aspx
  • “The Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention (ATBC) Study was a cancer prevention trial conducted by NCI and the National Public Health Institute of Finland from 1985 to 1993. ...
    www.oege.org/populationstudies.shtml
  • A composed endgame position with the task that White has force a win, or a draw, without restriction on the number of moves required to achieve this.
    www.chessville.com/Wong/glossary.htm
  • (Syn: masked study): A study in which observer/s and/or subjects are kept ignorant of the group to which the subjects are assigned, as in an experimental study, or of the population from which the subjects come, as in a non experimental or observational study. ...
    www.cefpas.it/ebm/tools/glossary.htm
  • A detailed drawing or painting made of one or more parts of a final composition, but not the whole work.
    www.artefoundation.com/pages/glossary.html
  • A test to identify and measure the type of electrical signals in your heart. This is done by inserting special wires into the heart. It can help your doctor find an irregular heart rhythm, show how well medications work, and help determine treatment for any rhythm problems.
    www.twhh.org/Section/219
  • A test used to learn where the rhythm disturbances, or arrhythmia, come from in the heart. The test will show how fast and dangerous the arrhythmia might be to you and whether or not medicines prescribed to stop the arrhythmia are working. ...
    www.ijn.com.my/index2.php
  • A comprehensive drawing or painting. Also refers to a detail that can be incorporated into a finished painting.
    www.zimmerworks.com/oilpaintingvocab.htm
  • Self inquiry- reflecting deeply on the question, who am I? Study by oneself or teacher. Study with the necessity to review and evaluate our progress.
    www.yogaconcepts.com.au/what_is_yoga.html
  • This is a study in which the patient is given small amounts of a liquid containing barium to drink with a bottle, spoon, or cup. ...
    www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.cfm
  • the act or process of using the mind to gain knowledge.
    www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/language_arts/vocab/four/quiz/2/
  • Animated Dictionary Animated Grammar Animated Phrases English Proficiency Test Travel Dialogue Interactive English Synonym-Antonym Dictionary Word Component Words Studio Listening & Speaking Classroom Sentence Pattern Classroom Review and Test The Contemporary Chinese
    www.sinicave.com/pd_besta_9888.cfm
  • Set audire, Latin, means 'to hear Set'. Studium is zeal. Concentration would be needed to hear faint electrical sounds, such as sparks, from the ark, hence the priest's call for silence. thigh The constellation of the Great Bear was named by the Egyptians 'The Thigh'. ...
    www.quantavolution.org/vol_13/firenotblown_27.htm
avatar
>nocturnal<
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 29
Location : Kuching
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by >nocturnal< on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Definitions of learn on the Web:

  • gain knowledge or skills; "She learned dancing from her sister"; "I learned Sanskrit"; "Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
  • get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
  • memorize: commit to memory; learn by heart; "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
  • be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam"
  • teach: impart skills or knowledge to; "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
  • determine: find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
  • Learning is the acquisition and development of memories and behaviors, including skills, knowledge, understanding, values, and wisdom. It is the product of experience and the goal of education. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learn
  • To acquire, or attempt to acquire knowledge or an ability to do something; To attend a course or other educational activity; To make use of a bad experience; To improve, maybe used in an order; To be studying to take a driving test etc, or to do a driving test etc; To come to know; to become ...
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/learn
  • The process of discovering MAC addresses, and their relative location by looking at the source MAC address of all frames received by a bridge or ...
    www.proprofs.com/mwiki/index.php
avatar
>nocturnal<
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 29
Location : Kuching
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by cooldmc88 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:06 pm

wow, that's a very thorough 'study' of study. hehe
avatar
cooldmc88
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 244
Age : 29
Location : sumwhere in cempaka.....
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by >nocturnal< on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:08 pm

hahaha....
avatar
>nocturnal<
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 29
Location : Kuching
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by bumi dragon lord on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 pm

karoshi wrote:what u study is what u are

study does not equal to what you are.
your statement is to simplified.
avatar
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Age : 31
Location : hollow of hell
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by >nocturnal< on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

karoshi wrote:Definitions of study on the Web:

  • survey: a detailed critical inspection
  • applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading); "mastering a second language requires a lot of work"; "no schools offer graduate study in interior design"
  • report: a written document describing the findings of some individual or group; "this accords with the recent study by Hill and Dale"
  • a state of deep mental absorption; "she is in a deep study"
  • a room used for reading and writing and studying; "he knocked lightly on the closed door of the study"
  • analyze: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
  • discipline: a branch of knowledge; "in what discipline is his doctorate?"; "teachers should be well trained in their subject"; "anthropology is the study of human beings"
  • be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
  • give careful consideration to; "consider the possibility of moving"
  • sketch: preliminary drawing for later elaboration; "he made several studies before starting to paint"
  • cogitation: attentive consideration and meditation; "after much cogitation he rejected the offer"
  • learn: be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam"
  • someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play); "he is a quick study"
  • learn by reading books; "He is studying geology in his room"; "I have an exam next week; I must hit the books now"
  • a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique; "a study in spiccato bowing"
  • think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes; "He is meditating in his study"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
  • A study is a room in a house which is used for paperwork, computer work, or reading. Historically, the study of a house was reserved for use as the private office and reading room of a family father as the formal head of a household, but today studies are generally either used to operate a home ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study (room)
  • An étude (a French word meaning "study") is a short musical composition designed to provide practice in a particular technical skill in the performance of a solo instrument. For example, Frédéric Chopin's etude Op. 25 No. 6 trains pianists to play rapid parallel chromatic thirds, Op. 25 No. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study (music)
  • In art, a study is a drawing, sketch or painting done in preparation for a finished piece, or as visual notes. A study can have more impact than a more-elaborately planned work, due to the fresh insights the artist is gaining while exploring his/her subject. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study (drawing)
  • The act of acquiring knowledge on a subject through concentration; A room in a house intended for reading and writing; An artwork made in order to practise or demonstrate a subject or technique; To acquire knowledge on a subject through concentration on prepared learning materials
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/study
  • a preliminary drawing for a painting; also, a work done just to "study" nature in general
    fineart.ha.com/common/glossary.php
  • study undertaken in order to gain a diploma, degree or honours degree.
    www.prospective.utas.edu.au/glossary.php
  • NYSTA's comprehensive study of transportation needs and mobility within the Thruway's Buffalo Corridor. This study is being undertaken in order to develop alternatives to address the future structural and other identified needs of the Corridor.
    www.nysthruway.gov/projectsandstudies/studies/buffalo/glossary.html
  • Study of the Torah is a central value in Judaism. In mishnaic times (100 BCE to 200 CE), public elementary schools for the education of children were developed. ...
    www.hartfordinstitute.org/ency/judaism.htm
  • A study performed by an electrophysiologist that examines the electrical activity of the heart. The study is performed while the patient is ...
    www.afanswers.com/glossary.html
  • The legacy mainframe system used to manage all aspects of GIS (Guided Independent Study) including enrolling students, paying instructors, and ...
    provost.uiowa.edu/maui/Glossary.html
  • An EP Study is a recording of the electrical activity your heart. This test is used to help your doctor find out the cause of your rhythm disturbance and the best treatment for you. ...
    www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/glossary/e.asp
  • A work of art that is an initial attempt or part of the final work, but not the final work itself.
    www.saffronart.com/sitepages/glossary.aspx
  • “The Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention (ATBC) Study was a cancer prevention trial conducted by NCI and the National Public Health Institute of Finland from 1985 to 1993. ...
    www.oege.org/populationstudies.shtml
  • A composed endgame position with the task that White has force a win, or a draw, without restriction on the number of moves required to achieve this.
    www.chessville.com/Wong/glossary.htm
  • (Syn: masked study): A study in which observer/s and/or subjects are kept ignorant of the group to which the subjects are assigned, as in an experimental study, or of the population from which the subjects come, as in a non experimental or observational study. ...
    www.cefpas.it/ebm/tools/glossary.htm
  • A detailed drawing or painting made of one or more parts of a final composition, but not the whole work.
    www.artefoundation.com/pages/glossary.html
  • A test to identify and measure the type of electrical signals in your heart. This is done by inserting special wires into the heart. It can help your doctor find an irregular heart rhythm, show how well medications work, and help determine treatment for any rhythm problems.
    www.twhh.org/Section/219
  • A test used to learn where the rhythm disturbances, or arrhythmia, come from in the heart. The test will show how fast and dangerous the arrhythmia might be to you and whether or not medicines prescribed to stop the arrhythmia are working. ...
    www.ijn.com.my/index2.php
  • A comprehensive drawing or painting. Also refers to a detail that can be incorporated into a finished painting.
    www.zimmerworks.com/oilpaintingvocab.htm
  • Self inquiry- reflecting deeply on the question, who am I? Study by oneself or teacher. Study with the necessity to review and evaluate our progress.
    www.yogaconcepts.com.au/what_is_yoga.html
  • This is a study in which the patient is given small amounts of a liquid containing barium to drink with a bottle, spoon, or cup. ...
    www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.cfm
  • the act or process of using the mind to gain knowledge.
    www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/language_arts/vocab/four/quiz/2/
  • Animated Dictionary Animated Grammar Animated Phrases English Proficiency Test Travel Dialogue Interactive English Synonym-Antonym Dictionary Word Component Words Studio Listening & Speaking Classroom Sentence Pattern Classroom Review and Test The Contemporary Chinese
    www.sinicave.com/pd_besta_9888.cfm
  • Set audire, Latin, means 'to hear Set'. Studium is zeal. Concentration would be needed to hear faint electrical sounds, such as sparks, from the ark, hence the priest's call for silence. thigh The constellation of the Great Bear was named by the Egyptians 'The Thigh'. ...
    www.quantavolution.org/vol_13/firenotblown_27.htm


simplification of my statement
avatar
>nocturnal<
Moderator
Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Age : 29
Location : Kuching
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by green on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 pm

avatar
green
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Female
Number of posts : 312
Age : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why study?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum