Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
September already! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
September already! EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
September already! EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
September already! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
September already! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
September already! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
September already! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
September already! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
September already! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

September already! Vote_lcap12%September already! Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
September already! Vote_lcap41%September already! Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
September already! Vote_lcap38%September already! Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
September already! Vote_lcap9%September already! Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:53 am

September already!

2 posters

Go down

September already! Empty September already!

Post by cooldmc88 Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 am

Wow, it has been such a long time since I've updated this section. Had to clean up the spider webs filling up this page. Been too busy with courseworks that I have no time to even visit uni-kopitiam. Alright, enough about me, let's get straight to the topic.

It's the beginning of September, and that means that the transfer window for the various football leagues are officially over. Some clubs scrambled to complete the transfer of players right on the deadline.

Among the big moves of this summer's transfers in the epl are:
Robbie Keane to Liverpool for 19mil pounds
Jose Bosingwa to Chelsea for 16mil pounds
Luka Modric to Tottenham for 16mil pounds
David Bentley to Tottenham for 15mil pounds
Roman Pavlyuchenko to Tottenham for 14mil pounds
Deco to Chelsea for 8mil pounds

From here, we can analyse that Tottenham has been doing some hefty spending. The manager plans to mount a serious challenge for the title this season and has done quite an impressive change in the squad. We also see Tottenham losing one of their prized assets to Liverpool and another bound to join Manchester United very soon. More on that as it develops. This leaves Tottenham with only Darren Bent and newcomer Roman Pavlyuchenko as the main strikers.

Dimitar Berbatov's transfer to Manchester United seems imminent, with the player already in talks with MU manager. However, MU's biggest rivals, Manchester City, suddenly launched an audacious bid in the region of around 30mil pounds for the player. Berbatov's dream however, is to move to MU, where he can fulfill his dreams of playing in the Champion's League. Therefore, it is believed that Manchester City will fail to get him, no matter the bid offered. On the other hand, there might be no deal between the two clubs, and Berbatov will remain with Tottenham.

The season has already started, where all teams in the epl, with the exception of MU and Fulham, have played three games. Chelsea still leads the standings after their impressive first two games where they collected 7 points. Liverpool is at second with the same number of points, while Man City is at third. Arsenal is currently at fourth place. MU are at ninth place, after a poor start. MU always start the season poorly but eventually will catch up as time goes by.

That's all in this post. As always, readers are ever so welcomed to give their honest opinions about the transfers and comment about their favourite team's performance.
cooldmc88
cooldmc88

Male
Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

September already! Empty Re: September already!

Post by lightning_siput Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:34 pm

Berbvatov joins Manchester United just minutes before the transfer window closed.

Robinho also joined Manchester City before transfer window closed.. Whats more interesting is that his first match will be against helsea, who has been chasing for his signature few months back.

Liverpool's game is very poor after three matches.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoseeput

Back to top Go down

Post by cooldmc88 Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:28 am

Thanks for sharing your views mr fast snail.. hehe.. yup, indeed liverpool looked poor in their performances. This weekend they'll be facing man united, and in their last 4 matches wit man united, Man united beat them 1-0 3 times, and they had a goalless draw. It'll be interesting to see how the match goes on now that man united is without c ronaldo, but with berbatov. And Torres might be considered for the starting line-up. But it promises to be a tight encounter.

As for new big time spenders man city, it will be interesting to see how new-boy robinho blends with the squad. When the ball comes to Robinho, people can expect some wonderful things to happen. The match with chelsea could not have come at a better timing. It's considered the 'clash of the cash'.
cooldmc88
cooldmc88

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:04 am

As for liverpool, there will be tough match ahead due to fitness concerns over Gerrard and Torres. Gerrard has just undergone groin surgery while Torres has is recovering from hamstring injury.

I afraid that Benitez will use the same approach when Liverpool faced Aston Villa, using defending lineup. I am certainly against defensive play because it shows pessimism.

As for Man Utd, everybody will be curious of how Berbatov will perform. Coincidently, Robbie Keane, now in Liverpool is his partner striker back in Tottenham.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by cooldmc88 Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Indeed, Liverpool without their two star players, seems to be very vulnerable in matches. Defensive playing is normally used by teams who lack confidence against their opponents. I don't see any reason why a huge club such as Liverpool should always be playing defensively. However, their record against champions league opponents is somewhat commendable.

Interestingly, Berbatov will be squaring up against his former teammate Robbie Keane. It would be interesting to see which one of them makes the biggest impact for their respective clubs. This adds up spice to the match.

Is there any possibility that this particular match will be shown somewhere in UNIMAS? cos last time bunga raya cafe occasionally screens big matches such as these. The other option is to go desa ilmu and catch the match, but i would prefer to watch it in UNIMAS.
cooldmc88
cooldmc88

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:15 am

The projector at Bunga Raya has permanently removed. However, I believe the lcd tv at Kolej bunga Raya have slight chance to show live telecast of EPL.

Other method is thru live streaming, but i found my digi very unreliable to stream the matches. Bandwidth not enough. :(
Those using unimas line or celcom untung la.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by cooldmc88 Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:14 pm

I've always wanted to know how to watch matches live on the internet, but don't know how to. Can give me the website? Might not be successful in trying so but worth a try. Hmmm, we can only hope that bunga raya will show those vital matches on their lcd. As always, UNIMAS is a pathetic place for students to have some fun. I don't mind voicing out my displeasure here. Take cempaka for instance. Not even a single TV room for students to at least catch some news.

Ops! Looks like I've gone out of topic. This forum is supposed to be about football. Haha
cooldmc88
cooldmc88

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Last time i have googled 'free live streaming', stumbled upon several sites. Unfortunately i din bookmark them cos i get frustrated from my bandwidth..
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum