Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:53 am

The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese

+9
Lipstick
>nocturnal<
halo
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
fat_bunny
bumi dragon lord
BabyTsukasa
Kopitiam_kaki™
psylancer
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Empty Re: The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese

Post by Acme Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Most people took Japanese Level 1, how many does actually continued to Level 2 and 3? But they offered few clases, but no students. Funny.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 Empty Re: The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese

Post by 21 Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Mandarin is easy if considering the syllabus which offered, it is just like a standard one level, learn from basic, it is easy. If somebody already know mandarin well and just wanna join the class to make sure u get another guaranteed "A", please give the chance to those who really don understand mandarin and wanted to learn it. The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 828579
ŰĶƒ PЯ
ŰĶƒ PЯ

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 am

Acme wrote:Most people took Japanese Level 1, how many does actually continued to Level 2 and 3? But they offered few clases, but no students. Funny.

there is onli one slot for jpn lvl2 for tis sem... i finish the lvl 1 last sem... now i hope to continue to lvl2... but thr is onli one class n full ady...

ya... some of the chinese who really cant understand mandarin would like to take the mandarin course cz at least the course can make them to b able to talk in mandarin.
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Like psylancer, the OCBC (Org Cina Bukan Cina) XD

Being able to speak mandarin is quite a huge advantage especially in the private sector. The company that I am currently having my LI at, consists of 95% chinese and all of them are basically mandarin speakers. So yeah, you get the point.
Alan
Alan
Latte
Latte

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander721 Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:33 pm

chinese shud at least competence in speak and understand one (dialects) lor... the chinese in unimas,memang comprised of those OCBC and OC3 (orang cina cakap cina)... hardly can find one who really competence in both languages oh... sigh...

although i'm chinese educated,my chinese was teruk as my english oh.

The Chinese who doesn't speak Chinese - Page 2 974798
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:41 pm

lol OC3

My written Chinese is proficient enough (Form 5 lvl), but kinda going down the drain. Nowadays I rarely write in chinese, so my English is slightly better than my Mandarin now in terms of written language.

But all Chinese should not forget their roots right? XD
Alan
Alan
Latte
Latte

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2