Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
world news.. EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
world news.. EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
world news.. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
world news.. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
world news.. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
world news.. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
world news.. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
world news.. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
world news.. EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

world news.. Vote_lcap12%world news.. Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
world news.. Vote_lcap41%world news.. Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
world news.. Vote_lcap38%world news.. Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
world news.. Vote_lcap9%world news.. Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 43 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm

world news..

+4
bumi dragon lord
Espada
>nocturnal<
young
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

world news.. Empty world news..

Post by young Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

the economic problem face by the USA still haven't solve...is this effect malaysia??? the price of oil already fall to 80 dollar something... news state that the price will be fall again to 60 dollar something...why malaysia still not take new action about the oil price...and why the every things price not fall seen oil price is decreasse...???give opinion...
young
young
Black Coffe
Black Coffe

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

world news.. Empty Re: world news..

Post by >nocturnal< Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 pm

oil is a non-renewable source. no matter wat happens, oil price will still goin high n higher... one day it will finis. so, we should not waste time thinkin n changin which gov can give u the lowest oil price. wat we can do is doin research to find alternative energy resoucr replacing the petroleum in the future...
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Espada Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 pm

yea..agree with karoshi..we cant blame our gov for the oil price matter..
Espada
Espada
White Cappuccino
White Cappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:54 am

eversince that oil is not the renewable source, then we mah wair for the fsts people to think of something for us lah eversince some of them are studying and related tot eh topics....

beside, people out there also encourage to think of somethign or solution to the happening world as well.

if you guys are sitting back and do nothing, the world wont change.....

mark my words...
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:48 pm

FYI, two days ago the US oil price increase back to $83 per barrel. Since the US is having a credit crunch problem now, the state government tries to bailout as much credit company possible, but with precautions since some of the "bankruptcy" is actually due to certain act of the CEOs even without the crunch they will come to bankruptcy anyways. With these problems, note that crude oil is traded in USD currency, with the value of dollar dropped, price hike.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 am

bumi dragon lord wrote:eversince that oil is not the renewable source, then we mah wair for the fsts people to think of something for us lah eversince some of them are studying and related tot eh topics....

beside, people out there also encourage to think of somethign or solution to the happening world as well.

mark my words...

ya. dun worry. im interested wit tat. i think im gonna cont my master doin research abt tis thg. creatin energy frm the air. it possible u knw. no bluff
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 pm

karoshi wrote:
bumi dragon lord wrote:eversince that oil is not the renewable source, then we mah wair for the fsts people to think of something for us lah eversince some of them are studying and related tot eh topics....

mark my words...

ya. dun worry. im interested wit tat. i think im gonna cont my master doin research abt tis thg. creatin energy frm the air. it possible u knw. no bluff

Thin air? Energy cannot be created, only can be converted from one to another! If you studied thermodynamics, air have VERY low energy to begin with.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoseeput

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:09 pm

I was always thinking about this for regenerative energy. In electronic got the capacitor which can amplify or to reduce the energy count? I forget what is that thing called thou. Last time in "Kemahiran Hidup" in secondary school got learn about.

So this is the idea, Why not make a cycle out of it? How? Pass through the energy of 100watts to the capacitor converted into 1megawatts. Then having a device to re-pass 1megawatts into a storage of electricity while channeling 100watts out from that to go back to the first capacitor. Doing so isnt going to have unfinished energy?

Same thing for turbine, let say first turbine uses 100watts of energy to produce 500watts, from that 500watts take 100watts to move the first turbine, the same thing is duplicate to few turbines, then unfinished energy? So why need to built so damn many damned dams?

If its not understandable what I'm saying i can illustrate with a diagram. Can anyone explain which such thing cannot be done?
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:38 pm

Acme wrote:I was always thinking about this for regenerative energy. In electronic got the capacitor which can amplify or to reduce the energy count? I forget what is that thing called thou. Last time in "Kemahiran Hidup" in secondary school got learn about.

So this is the idea, Why not make a cycle out of it? How? Pass through the energy of 100watts to the capacitor converted into 1megawatts. Then having a device to re-pass 1megawatts into a storage of electricity while channeling 100watts out from that to go back to the first capacitor. Doing so isnt going to have unfinished energy?

Same thing for turbine, let say first turbine uses 100watts of energy to produce 500watts, from that 500watts take 100watts to move the first turbine, the same thing is duplicate to few turbines, then unfinished energy? So why need to built so damn many damned dams?

If its not understandable what I'm saying i can illustrate with a diagram. Can anyone explain which such thing cannot be done?

Our world revolves in the law where energy cannot be created or destroyed.. Only can be converted.

Dams use water to turn the turbines. Energy from water (potential energy; from higher grounds) is converted into kinetic energy (movement) then moves the turbine then converted into electrical energy. The more turbine, the better, but the river water flow is limited hence the limitations in dams. You can channel the electric back to ease the generating, but the sense is that it will be lost because of frictions in the turbine, you wont profit from it; not practical.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:49 pm

lightning_siput wrote:
karoshi wrote:

mark my words...

Thin air? Energy cannot be created, only can be converted from one to another! If you studied thermodynamics, air have VERY low energy to begin with.

are you sure??? from which faculty are you??? if you don't know what are you talking about, keep your mouth shut please.

the thin air you're inhaling now is composed of nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide and few noble gases. if someone is able to build a device that can separate these gases, it will be very helpful to create energy. the reaction between oxygen and hydrogen are very exothermic
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Try to be realistic here. The air density is very low, judging from the enthalphy change between oxygen and hydrogen, how much air you need to generate enough energy to power something? As you know, air has very low density and hence the molecule in air is in low concentration. To collect air, you'll end up using more energy than the energy you create.

Take one example here. We know that water can be used to power vehicles, Don't you wonder why it is not implemented? Look ino the process itself; water is electrolyzed using electric to separate hydrogen/oxygen then burned to move the vehicle. More energy is used to separate the molecules than to power the vehicle.

Read more about energy first before you want to jump into this wagon. I'm from FK btw.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Acme wrote:I was always thinking about this for regenerative energy. In electronic got the capacitor which can amplify or to reduce the energy count? I forget what is that thing called thou. Last time in "Kemahiran Hidup" in secondary school got learn about.

bro, you are refering to transformer is it?
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:33 pm

back to the basic,
why not you all thing of things like solar power for regional travelling and hydrogen and oxygen burning or something like that to improv our travel source usage?
or do some modification and invent something out of it instead of arguing the damn same thing within th chemical boundry, why not cooperate with other faculty fellas to think of something? like FK?
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:54 pm

A multipurpose (multisource?) machine will cost a lot.. Take example.. Electric hybrid vehicle like Toyota Pruis, looking at the cost, not many would buy it..
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 pm

The so called "encourage" the use of hybrid car is not that encouraging at all, look at the taxes?! Burn you to hell.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:58 pm

the cost of the car is already killing, not to mention the tax. Who would care to save the world by spending more? How many would recycle?
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:11 pm

why not provide and use more public transport that are environment friendly??? e.g. MRT, LRT, monorail or bullet train
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Ya.. Agree. But you understand la.. Politics nowadays..
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:33 pm

yup. agree. especially in malaysia. the procedure very slow... need many years to build those simple things... sedangkan in other country they can build it in few months
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:15 pm

lightning_siput wrote:A multipurpose (multisource?) machine will cost a lot.. Take example.. Electric hybrid vehicle like Toyota Pruis, looking at the cost, not many would buy it..

when there ar large production the cost will automatically reduced. dont think too muh.
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:16 pm

hahahaha, what politics?
if you ahve go money poli**cs will sense your a*s also...
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:24 pm

bumi dragon lord wrote:
lightning_siput wrote:A multipurpose (multisource?) machine will cost a lot.. Take example.. Electric hybrid vehicle like Toyota Pruis, looking at the cost, not many would buy it..

when there ar large production the cost will automatically reduced. dont think too muh.

Toyota Pruis is already the bestselling hybrid car, the price wont go down. It's mass manufactured already. You won't expect a hybrid car to cheaper than than petrol car, don't you?

Politics... hmmm there's lots of things to say.
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:08 pm

that's the art of politics... full of hypocracies and conspiracies
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:15 pm

In anyways, mindset manipulation and monopolize the market. Globalized capitalization-ed society we're living in. Can't blame the private corporates.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:09 am

Ya. Putting politics aside, assuming we have a very good public transport, is it possible for Malaysian to use it and not buying their own car?
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content