Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_lcap12%What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_lcap41%What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_lcap38%What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_lcap9%What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 43 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm

What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students???

+12
Heby_KakiOfUKF
redgal
bumi dragon lord
green
psylancer
Acme
piggy
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
>nocturnal<
fat_bunny
alexander721
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Empty What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students???

Post by alexander721 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:48 pm

yo..folks...
peoples always commented that FSS's students are not human..especially the seniors always haunted the freshmen of FSS's thingy...like FSS = hell...holy crap!!!
do ya guys agree with that? and why the heck some students from other Faculties seem free and always duduk2 and minum kopi....chit-chatting at cafe???
well,it's good and i personally this is how most of the students releasing their stress....
but....i just dont get it..
why those students look so darn free????
is it they really good in time management? or they dont have any obligation to do their works?
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Empty Re: What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students???

Post by fat_bunny Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 am

wanna to correct sth..

FIT's students are the most busiest one in UNIMAS, medic and nursing oso can't compare wif us....we are the most busiest one...endless assgn and projects, tutorial, lab, quiz, and etc.....

if u say fss busy like hell, den FIT is 100 doublel of it, bro...

and wat actually u wanna us to post ur topic's reply??can't catch the ball fully...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? Empty Re: What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students???

Post by >nocturnal< Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 am

every faculty are unique in their own way... assigments, projects, tutorials, alb sessions, quizzes and others will help you to face the final exam. so, we are all the same.... please, do not compare which are the busiest faculty in unimas...

[p/s: just a piece of my thought. no offence]
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 am

ya, agree, every faculty got their own works need to do.
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:45 am

my impression toward students in each faculty in unimas:
fss - emo
fsts - hard disk
medic - jalan tengok lantai
fsgk - creative
fit - vista!
fskpm -
feb -
fk -

no ideas for fskpm, feb n fk... fill it for me ya
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:30 am

agreed wif alex... yup... i noe FIT busy on their projects.. but u dunno how difficult for fss's works... fss students have to stay at cais for doin assgmt for whole day... until no time to eat... coz as a fss student, to do the assgmt, hav to refer above 10 books... all are the philosophy and theories... and not so easy to pass fss's exam n assgmt... fss lecturers strictly mark the assgmt n exam... fss student answer the exam questions and assgmt cant just simply based on wat the lecturer gav in the lecture and slide notes... hav to apply other thgs or current issues or interesting facts in it, then just can get higher marks... therefore, cant said tat FIT as the busiest faculty, and fss oso not... but i think we could describe fss as the most stressful faculty... coz fss students will be owez nervous and worry whether wat they have been done will be approved and agreed by the fss lecturers anot... and the references in fss is the most important thgy in fss... once u r not doing well on it, u sure will be claimed as "Plagiarism"... who dare to take an elective course frm fss?!? if u wana read fss's books, i bet u will be feel sleepy after u just begin to read two sentences...
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:13 am

hm.. my opinion bout FSS students is they requires a good command in english language and they need to know a lot of general knowledge... which couldnt be taught during lecture which means they need to find their own sources.. tats why they spend most of their time in CAIS and find books for their reference.. as in FIT, we also do spend our time in journals.. as for my major we need to do a lot of reading and search in journals which available through online.. tats why FIT hardly will be in CAIS except for rushing for assignments and projects if their group is in mix gender.. for those tat have group with the same gender most likely will do in their apartment.. as for me i got a bad experience in 24-hour study room whereby we sleep, eat and do our projects in there for few days.. tat why for my group we opt to not to go there again if we can avoid it... actually every faculty are stress.. if just depends on individual how we cope with it and deal with it as well as time management is important too.. so to define stress for a person it depends on individual, some ppl might said it is stress but maybe others think it is not =) references for FIT is important too but i dont think it is tat strict compare to FIT coz our sources can come in many ways since by using Google or Yahoo search there are many solutions besides we deal with more on how to use a software and the coding part that is difficult.. tat is for me, but for those tat are really good in their coding it is not difficult for them =) basically FIT deals with code and understand the code and apply it for our own projects.. tat is the difficult part.. those that took Java will understand it, rite?
piggy
piggy

Female
Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:15 am

sorry, ammendments for the part "compare to FIT " is actually compare to FSS.
piggy
piggy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:39 am

FIT students (am NOT generalizing ALL the students) busy in what way? Making themselves "busy"? Procrastinate till your so "busy" in the end? "tutorial, lab, quiz", that's VERY good enough to get the "extra" marks for the whole course. Up to my comprehension, medic and nursing don't do new things, they remember and repeat things?

Tutorials and "labs" is for first years only in FSS, if your not a freshman you can do thing on your own, still consider being dependent? That's easy marks, hints and hopefully you get a "Freudian slip-tongue" during those sessions. Grown-ups do not need "spoon-feed-ed"

If others are to take complementary courses in FSS, contemporary psychology (changed lecturer already i think) will be the easiest. Take the core course i guess rather than faculty courses, pointless. Reading, scratching heads i guess? "WTH is this *tuut* saying, its just a 10-word sentence!". Thus far the closest concern on referencing of the peers faculty, amazingly is FEB.

Find that, peoples in UNIMAS is, somehow quite, fragile, heartedly and psychologically. FSS students can be very crappy due to all the "phisoligical theories", some are wisdom thou people thought we'd anyhow say things.

"requires a good command in english", probably, but some of those who are not proficient do well as well. FSS don't use general knowledge in the papers, else lectures will question you simple enough : "so what?!". Referencing and no citations, no differences of doing one of them only. Makes me lol-ed saying FSS is emo, most of them "here" is the *cough * *cough* ??

Hope Karoshi mind explaining why and whats with those terms regarding the faculties? Coding, you break down "things" before you see and try to understand those "things" in a whole. The codes is there remain the same, with the same functions, just "where" you put makes the differences.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 am

regarding about acme saying the coding part, actually the functions we create ourselves and we determine what that we want to put in it.. and what we put in it that determines what is the output for it. all the codes are different, with different functions. sometimes in a code u put in A but doesnt mean u put the same code in A as well for other codes =)

as for FIT students, we have a pack schedule compare to FSS as i compare my schedule with my FSS frens. in a sense it is more pack with labs, tutorials, and lectures. for a course we can have up to 6 hours although its only 3 credit hours.. so in a sense that our time is used in the labs,tutorial,and lectures. so the extra hours that we have we got to deal with assignments and projects. maybe you can handle your time well enough, but as for me, its quite hectic.

FSS requires good command of english but for those that are not they just requires more time to understand a particular things compare to those that are good. thats what i mean. i didnt mean that they dont perform well for those that does not have a good command in english.
piggy
piggy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 am

That's what i meant, where everything is predetermined fixed of the functions' outcomes. So you'll need to "add-in" things to be what you wanted right? Oh, so what i meant that one is decoding. Of course, if you do not need function "A" surely its not included in the code your doing (logic).

With tutorials and lab sessions you get to comprehend and understand more, that's consider as "self-study" you know? (Thou its with a group and with instructors around). FSS have has and had course with 3 credit hours but actually lecture time is 4 - 5 hours, which excludes tutorials and lab sessions. All these is depending on the students and lecturers, don't like then voice to the lecturer.

The English proficiency thingy i get what you mean, hehe
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:12 am

what i meant was u need coding A but the place to put in doesnt mean to be in the same place as in other codings.. get what i mean? FSS got lab sessions? for which subject except for TMX. actually with our tutorials and lab sessions, we didnt think of voice it to the lecturer, coz the tutorials and labs we really need it.. haha.. as for FIT this sem, we have 4 core course that have labs and tutorials. which mean we need 24 hours per week for tat 4 course.havent mention the other 2 subject that have lectures and tutorials which is 6 hours per week.total will be around 30 hours excluding pelengkap =)
piggy
piggy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 am

FIT is hectic life....make ourselves busy?how come can come out dis sentence?who willing to make ourselves busy?

and like wat karoshi say, every faculty got their own difficulties...
think b4 u speak out, bro...and pls fair enuf wen speak out ur point...x try to say sth u can't do, tat will jz make us feel funny..
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by 21 Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:51 am

Tutorials and labs are really helping us to understand more, but that doesnt mean we can get "extra" marks from that. We do not want to be busy also, but the attendance will be taken, cannot skip also. In fact, I am trying to make myself free instead of "busy".

This topic is regarding to the impression to FSS's students but not FIT students...I think we are out of topic if keep arguing the "busy"

FSS has the hardest courses to tackle, most strict lecturers , this is my impression.hehe
ŰĶƒ PЯ
ŰĶƒ PЯ

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:03 pm

From the looks of the FIT-FSS debate above, looks like the other faculties are quite free. Not that I'm saying I don't have assignments to do

*runs to finish the first page

PS: Back to the topic, I don't think FSS people are not that unapproachable. I do have normal FSS friends who thinks I'm normal, hence no discrimination towards any FSS people what-so-ever (peace sign)

PSS: Acme, I am recording your 'spoon-feed-ed' into my vocabulary
psylancer
psylancer

Male
Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by green Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:11 pm

different faculty different type of study...
green
green
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Female
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:26 pm

JanBB wrote:wanna to correct sth..

FIT's students are the most busiest one in UNIMAS, medic and nursing oso can't compare wif us....we are the most busiest one...endless assgn and projects, tutorial, lab, quiz, and etc.....

and wat actually u wanna us to post ur topic's reply??can't catch the ball fully...

hahahaa, how do you know where you ahvent get into fss?
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:27 pm

karoshi wrote:every faculty are unique in their own way... assigments, projects, tutorials, alb sessions, quizzes and others will help you to face the final exam. so, we are all the same.... please, do not compare which are the busiest faculty in unimas...

[p/s: just a piece of my thought. no offence]

agree on this, i think the question is rely on the individuals, not the faculties.
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:40 pm

bumi dragon lord wrote:
JanBB wrote:wanna to correct sth..

hahahaa, how do you know where you ahvent get into fss?

"hahahaa",how do you know where you havent get into fit??

funny huh...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:16 pm

JanBB wrote:FIT is hectic life....make ourselves busy?how come can come out dis sentence?who willing to make ourselves busy?

think b4 u speak out, bro...and pls fair enuf wen speak out ur point...x try to say sth u can't do, tat will jz make us feel funny..

hey... JanBB, sometimes difficult to catch up wat were u said... when u ask other ppl to think b4 they speak out, plz for ur own, i think u hav to do so rite??? cz in the earlier of this topic, u said FIT is the busiest faculty, how u noe it??? juz simply bcoz u r fit student??? plz... how u measure the "busiest faculty"??? What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 375864
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:46 pm

i think we have to ask FK students to create "busy-a-meter" machine. let the unit be JanBB. maximum readin would be 100 JanBB which means the busiest and the lowest is 0 JanBB meaning the most free
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Me! Me! I'll submit a project proposal by next week :D
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:59 pm

erika_lovct848 wrote:
JanBB wrote:FIT is hectic life....make ourselves busy?how come can come out dis sentence?who willing to make ourselves busy?

hey... JanBB, sometimes difficult to catch up wat were u said... when u ask other ppl to think b4 they speak out, plz for ur own, i think u hav to do so rite??? cz in the earlier of this topic, u said FIT is the busiest faculty, how u noe it??? juz simply bcoz u r fit student??? plz... how u measure the "busiest faculty"??? What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 375864

sorry erica, i x quote..i'm x shoot ur previous post,pls x be misunderstanding... What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 89795 hehe...if u go out to do a survey or ask previous senior, they will say averagely fit is most busies faculty...6 months in one sem and basically we only hava 4 hours sleeping timer per day...cz we not only covered the assignmnets, projects, and lab quiz and many more...of course fss one assignments very tough i noe, but we too...i x mean tat fss is very free faculty...i jz say tat if really want to compare, fit is the most busiest one, our credit hour every sem is 20, lz sem 22...

1 subject got 2 assgn, 1 project, more than 2 quiz, lab quiz...
1 subject hav 3 hour lecture, 1 hour tutorial, 2 hour lab --> means tat every week we need to have 6 hours for one subject..and nw we hav 7 subjects, class is from early morning until late evening...but dis sem better le...lz sem 22 credit hours, study 10 subjects, go out for class at 8am, back home ardy 10pm...cz attend lab slot during nite...

and do u c my previous post? i agree tat karoshi say, every faculty hav own style of study life...so there is no point for us to say who is the busiest one....i x mean to compare anything...jz talk out what i think, somehow i listen from senior frm other fac, they will also say tat fit is much more busier than other fac (including fss)...so we x need here to COMPARE who is the busiest one...if can, i wish tat my fac's lecturer x giv so many tasks for us..but honestly lah, assignment and project can help us learn sth out of our lecture's slides or text book, fss also rite?other fac too..
if u really wann say busiest is wat, i may say tat one whole day our schedule is full, and other "leisure" time we need to deal wif our assignment by all the time....
ya, sure i think b4 i write, but also see clearly b4 i write....

sigh...dis sem go bac home one month more, i guarantee will sleep from day to nite...except the time for eat and mandi....x want leave my bed!!! What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 256635 nez sem hectic again...can't imagine... What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 72178
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:02 pm

karoshi wrote:i think we have to ask FK students to create "busy-a-meter" machine. let the unit be JanBB. maximum readin would be 100 JanBB which means the busiest and the lowest is 0 JanBB meaning the most free

den karoshi will be get 0 i think....haha.... What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 626280
or simply do a meter, test human's body alcohol level..cz if human x sleep one day, alcohol in body will rise 0.7%...so u will c those who lack of sleeping one like mabuk and blur blur....if i drive car out sure will get caught by polis tat i'm drunk....hehehe...(jz kidding) What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 98092
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Can imagine, the workload increase linearly with a degree of difficulty that increases exponentially. The product of those two components are reciprocal of your leisure time (in which the major variable is the sleeping time) Thus summing the equation altogether, I can say you guys are pretty What's Ya Impression of FSS's Students??? 723881 . Just kidding, you people will do fine :D
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next