Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_lcap12%Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_lcap41%Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_lcap38%Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_lcap9%Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 57 on Fri May 10, 2024 12:09 am

Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner?

+9
bumi dragon lord
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
tutuman
lightning_siput
.+.masquerade.+.
psylancer
Acme
fat_bunny
Iria Claire
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Empty Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner?

Post by Iria Claire Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? 863362 I just want to know your opinion. Recently, I saw the Dayaks, Malay, Chinese and other races tend to couple with their own races, Why? Does it because naturaly they tend to interest to their own races ( which have almost have same attitude, or maybe some similarities in their genes). Some people says, if someone marry with other races or from people in other countires, they will have brilliant children ( because of genetic drift?). Really? We are Malaysia, MAH! Different races and different tradition.
Thank you! Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? 459343
Iria Claire
Iria Claire
Black Coffe
Black Coffe

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Empty Re: Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner?

Post by fat_bunny Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:26 am

most ppl will look in own races...pay attention on own races first...and most ppl will pay attention too on orang putih...haha..so far i noticed is like dis...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner? Empty Re: Does races influence the criteria in choosing your partner?

Post by Acme Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 am

Iria Claire wrote:Some people says, if someone marry with other races or from people in
other countries, they will have brilliant children ( because of genetic
drift?)
There is no significant statistical proves about this. Anyways, I'm having a mixed ethnicity partner. NOTE THAT, there is NO RACE among human.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:52 am

Iria Claire wrote:Some people says, if someone marry with other races or from people in other countires, they will have brilliant children ( because of genetic drift?).

I don't think that affects the intelligence of the children :D
Rather their upbringing? Maybe what you suggested was based on different ways of raising children, based on race? I have no idea, feedback on this one please?
psylancer
psylancer

Male
Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by .+.masquerade.+. Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:54 am

Yes, it does. In fact there is a research about this? Perhaps you guys can Google it.
.+.masquerade.+.
.+.masquerade.+.
Black Coffe
Black Coffe

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:54 am

Acme wrote:there is NO RACE among human.

another one of the good acme quotes. :D
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:59 am

Race is coined for the sole purpose of discrimination..
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoseeput

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:11 am

Lolx. Make sure you know what is race and ethnicity. Malaysia and US is the only country in this whole freaking world using the word "race" to differentiate peoples, which is very offending. Take anthropology and you'll know why.

Forbes and Mead (in Noon & Blyton, 1997:169) said "the current situation is that the law recognizes an ethnic group as one which
has a long shared history and a cultural tradition of its own, and that this might be identified through characteristics such as: a common geographical origin, a common language, a common literature, a common religion and the characteristics of being a minority in a larger community”.

A certain group of people will come to an understanding as to what racial/ethnic differences are of relevance when it comes to distinguishing themselves from others
. The concept of race has been discredited by sciences although it is still used today in a political sense.

Some people behave as though clearly identifiable groups do exist (e.g. leads to racism). Because of this problem, the concept of ‘race’ has been debunked and to a certain extent, it has been replaced by ‘ethnicity’.

Its ethnicity which we're saying here, not race. Using the word race is incorrect.

Last edited by Acme on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:17 am

True enough, which one do you think has more racism issue though? Malaysia or US?

Back to topic, I'll date anyone regardless of the ethnicity, but if we were to get serious, and religion comes into question, then we'll think about it then. Maybe that's how I was brought up. Now I'm not saying that I'm the most religious person alive, I'm just not ready yet to switch my religion if things do come along our way. Dilemma.
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:20 am

Human did not got isolated from each another groups long enough to "evolve" into some other types of form, then if having doing so you'll only get a new "race". Sides, human is under the species of Homo Sapiens, how could you have a difference race of human, where race is in a bigger scope of category than species?
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tutuman Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:30 am

if me, this will infuence me my criteria lo.....but that dun means that i am a racist....i am friendly...hahaha
tutuman
tutuman
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Male
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 am

tutuman wrote:if me, this will infuence me my criteria lo.....but that dun means that i am a racist....i am friendly...hahaha

haha, no one calls you racist la... but influence your criteria like how leh?
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tutuman Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:35 am

hahaha...i think will choose same race gal as my partner lo....
tutuman
tutuman
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:13 am

For me, the ethnic doesn't matter but the more concern is in differences in religion and law in Malaysia. that's a very big thing to tackle.

For me, the ethnic doesn't matter but the more concern is in differences in religion and law in Malaysia. that's a very big thing to tackle. Conclusion: ethnic don't matter.

Last edited by lightning_siput on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol. is it out of topic?)
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoseeput

Back to top Go down

Post by tutuman Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:41 am

siput..dun try to out of topic agn...hahaha...later all ppl post things not related to topic agn..
tutuman
tutuman
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:55 pm

sorry tutuman...may i out of topic for a while?? actually is wanna ask u ppl opinion...

wen i work in lawyer firm b4, i had a case:

chinese couple, got 2 children, 1 boy and 1 girl...den one day husband wanna divorce wif his wife, cz he married a muslim girl in indonesia...den fine, my client (the wife) wanna her children follow her, but her husband's mom, x let the daughter follow my client, she x giv her grandchild eat and kurung her grandchild inside the room...she very support her son to married a Muslim girls...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:58 pm

well, i believe that wen true love come, doesn't matter the colour of skins, distance of age, height, religion and etc....and true love will overcome all those problems...so far i think like tat lah...is it too optimist?? hehe...my fren asked me b4: is to find a rite person to love , or is to love a rite person??
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tutuman Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:48 pm

JanBB wrote:well, i believe that wen true love come, doesn't matter the colour of skins, distance of age, height, religion and etc....and true love will overcome all those problems...so far i think like tat lah...is it too optimist?? hehe...my fren asked me b4: is to find a rite person to love , or is to love a rite person??

more accurately i think be other ppl's rite person!! haha..wat do u think? u gone through any relationship b4??haha
tutuman
tutuman
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:50 pm

tutuman wrote:
JanBB wrote:well, i believe that wen true love come, doesn't matter the colour of skins, distance of age, height, religion and etc....and true love will overcome all those problems...so far i think like tat lah...is it too optimist?? hehe...my fren asked me b4: is to find a rite person to love , or is to love a rite person??

more accurately i think be other ppl's rite person!! haha..wat do u think? u gone through any relationship b4??haha

we be other's rite ppl, but if he/she not our rite ppl leh??for the laz question:hehe hehe....
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:57 pm

to reply this topic; im dun think tat races will be influencing me in choosing my partner... as long as he love me, then i oso love him, tat 's not a problem for me... i dun care wat 's his race... the important is i gt feeling on him... i care abt him... tat's all...
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:02 pm

generally, i am not influence by the races of my partner. i can accept anyone who is eligible and able to communicate.
some how appearance and status is not important rather than a character is the main concern.
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by tutuman Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:56 pm

JanBB wrote:
tutuman wrote:

we be other's rite ppl, but if he/she not our rite ppl leh??for the laz question:hehe hehe....

erm...sometime..tohave someone that love you is better than love other ppl...if that person love you then he or she will care bout you...as time past u will have good feeling towards him or her too..do u agree?? i dun understand wats mean by hehe hehe.... bo...hahaha...
tutuman
tutuman
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:04 pm

race influence the realationship is infact that has to do with personal preference rather than general assumption.
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by ^cherish^ Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:29 pm

sometimes lu, but when u de luv him, u will not care too much de lu..
^cherish^
^cherish^
Black Coffe
Black Coffe

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by young Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 am

hai...i think race is not the problem...don't worry...the most important is your own feel... good luck..
young
young
Black Coffe
Black Coffe

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next