Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_lcap12%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_lcap41%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_lcap38%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_lcap9%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 43 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

+12
>nocturnal<
fat_bunny
psylancer
lightning_siput
who m i?
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
bumi dragon lord
Ms Kye
halo
Heby_KakiOfUKF
Kopitiam_kaki™
Acme
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Empty Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by Acme Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:10 pm

While reading the topic "Why discriminate girls??", triggers this notion in my head "Why other faculty so many D-Ler (Dean's lister). Why FSS so little?"

So it came tto my mind remembering a friend told me, her friend, who is a he, failed his "Research Methodology" in FK, and yet he can get DL. So why is other
faculties' papers are so easy to score? Especially the FKs? Failed a paper is gone case, still DL. WTF? Means other papers all 4 flats?

I attended last year's 07/08 DL ceremony, having FK leading with the most D-ler and followed by FIT, FEB, FSKPM, each faculty have from MORE THAN 150 to AT LEAST 60 peoples get DL. Whereas in FSS, 11 peoples? And from what i can see, more than 50% from those D-Ler are freshmans, while FSS only have 3 people in the first semester.

Yet of all these, for the fresheman in this year (08/09), the level of CGP for DL is raised to 3.75 or 3.80 for all faculty. Isnt it a little unfair for FSS students? Tonnes of syllabus to cover and readings, strict marking system (not to mention the citation works that other faculty DOESNT USE at all?), stingy lecturer (in giving marks). Riasing the CGP and CGPA of course will lessen the numbers of people getting DL, but this doesnt means the quality of students are being improved, which this is what they had aimed for raising the level.

Well, what can i say? being lelong to FSS is bad enough, now have to cope with the dong dong CGP and CGPA. As a FSS and my fellow friends, we should be proud to be from FSS even with CGPA above 3.00 is already so hard with all the readings and writtings is exam, with no circling or shading answers (objective questions). Thus far, only two people from FSS enroll in 07/08 get DL for two semester.

Expected to be flamed, heck care! come take FSS course if you dare.
BE PROUD if you can do well and I shall congratulate you!!

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Img_ac10
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Empty Re: Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by Acme Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Opps, moderator mind moving this thread to "Hottest Campus Chat" ? Thanks. Oh yea, the word "Hottest" need to be corrected from "Hotest" typo there. ^@^

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Img_ac10
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Empty Re: Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by Kopitiam_kaki™ Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 am

Acme wrote:...
Expected to be flamed, heck care! come take FSS course if you dare.
BE PROUD if you can do well and I shall congratulate you!!....

There is no point askin FK-ians to take FSS courses. Both courses are so unrelated. It would be a waste of time taking courses that wouldn't help in our field. And so, if u do think FK is "easy to score" then would u take FK course for instead?
Kopitiam_kaki™
Kopitiam_kaki™
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Heby_KakiOfUKF Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 am

wah...actually it depends on the person who take the particular courses...if we say Fk easy oso not true because still hav many students failed so does other courses...if u study smart thn u will score and vice versa...
Heby_KakiOfUKF
Heby_KakiOfUKF

Female
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:30 am

Nah, i don't mean im asking the FKs to take FSS course here, misunderstanding there. Cheers there.

I still don't see how one can slack and fool around all the time, failed papers and still a D-ler, got problem there. As long you socialized, everything is related to social sciences, that's why its called social.

I've friend's assignment with only 2 pages, with damn big diagrams and putting labels on the diagrams and do simple explanations. Diagrams, tables, charts 20 pages, no citations, references, bibliography, literature reviews needed, no problems.

Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by halo Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:43 pm

of course no la....
i think it is very normal for most ppl think tht the syllabus of othr fac is more easy .
but i dun think so lo coz maybe some of them get a excellent carry mark in assign or quiz ...who know....
so they still can do well in their grade even they not so "gen", right?
hihi....i also the one who really depend to carry mark to "upgrade" the mark of my final exam.....
if u c my languages, u ady know i not very good in english.....
but i still put my effort to gain higher mark....
halo
halo
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Kye Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Acme, i also realised that only few D-ler from FSS. I think the lecturers in that faculty are demons. Huhuu...~ no la. Well, i'll be taking courses from that particular faculty next semester. I heard some of my senior said that the lecturer did said this to 'em.
A - for God
B - for me (the lecturer la)
C - if you so lucky you can get C in my subject.
D - :evil:
E - :twisted:
F - :twisted:
So scary laa... :suspect:

Huargh!! Dunno ar..maybe there is something hidden inside FSS, be it among lecturers, tutors or the students themselves.
For Fss students, Jia You!!
Ms Kye
Ms Kye
White Cappuccino
White Cappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:03 pm

come and study with the fss, then you will know the story. get first hand experience first can help you to build your perception.
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Kye Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm preparing for that bumi dragon. I'm not poisoned by what senior told me also la. :lol: So, you are fss students doncha? :?:
Ms Kye
Ms Kye
White Cappuccino
White Cappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by bumi dragon lord Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:56 pm

in what sense i am fss student, it can be either way.
bumi dragon lord
bumi dragon lord
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 708

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 am

Lolx.
Well, the thing is amazingly what the seniors said is totally wrong. Its not that hard, but not easy either, depending the lecturer. FSS are famous with the student killer lecturers such as Dr. Andrew Aeria (60% or 70% of my class failed his "Social History"?), Mr. Kelvin Egay, Dr. John Phoa (pity the seniors who repeated his FSS research methods for more than four times!).
Its very depending on the course the lecturer are teaching because all the lecturer has been at least once teach each subject available in FSS even thou its not their specialties (they do job rotation every few semesters or years).

I would not say FSS is so damn hard and not too easy either. But statistically shows it is hard.

Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:18 am

yup... agree with ACME and bumi... to be fss students not so easy... wanna get higher marks in fss also not so easy... hav to put more effort... one else i wanna point out here is i think fss students learn more eng vocab than other faculty... this is because fss students hav to read a lot of philosophy... wanna answer fss's exam also not so easy... cant "tembak" n "cincai' lo... if u dunno the theories of it... u sure wait to die... tat's y few DL in fss...
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 am

What to do, some faculty, dont know which, dont want to mention, many also, exam still got Multiple Choice Questions. FSS mana ada? Question one sentence or two, expected to write 4/5 pages? no spacing between lines? in 30mins to 45mins per question? 3/4 question each exam? 2 hours total time? Do assignemnt some use single spacing? size 11 font? 15 pages? no pictures, no graphs, no tables, no diagrams? excluding 3 pages of bibliography? *pengsan*
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by who m i? Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Acme wrote:What to do, some faculty, dont know which, dont want to mention, many also, exam still got Multiple Choice Questions. FSS mana ada? Question one sentence or two, expected to write 4/5 pages? no spacing between lines? in 30mins to 45mins per question? 3/4 question each exam? 2 hours total time? Do assignemnt some use single spacing? size 11 font? 15 pages? no pictures, no graphs, no tables, no diagrams? excluding 3 pages of bibliography? *pengsan*

wow...so terrible?i think if i take fss paper,nt onli pengsan bt can mati lo...cz i hate essay :x
who m i?
who m i?
Latte
Latte

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lightning_siput Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Haha. Sort of like pengsan on the road, later get pijak by unimas bus..
lightning_siput
lightning_siput

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoseeput

Back to top Go down

Post by KaKa*HiMeMiYa Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:51 am

once u 're as fss students, u should hav a lot of ideas and thinking, then u just able to study in fss... hav to pay attention for the real world issues.
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
Caramel Frappuccino
Caramel Frappuccino

Female
Number of posts : 1118

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Acme wrote:So it came to my mind remembering a friend told me, her friend, who is a he, failed his "Research Methodology" in FK, and yet he can get DL. So why is other
faculties' papers are so easy to score? Especially the FKs? Failed a paper is gone case, still DL. WTF? Means other papers all 4 flats?

If failing a paper dictates the eligibility of that individual earning the Dean's List, wouldn't that disregard the CGPA calculation altogether? Also, please consider the population of the students from FK with the other faculties. Naturally, because we have a higher amount of students there, we stand a higher chance in generating Dean Listers.

I am not going to compare the FK courses to the other courses because they are two different fields to begin with. Still, by judging the courses quality based on the amount of Dean Listers, that's solely your prerogative. I choose to believe in numbers. That's just my 2 cents.
psylancer
psylancer

Male
Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by fat_bunny Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:40 pm

my faculty's papers hard...hard for us to score for final exam, eventhough 40 marks only and some are 50 marks...but i jz noe some of DL in my faculty are very easy to get their good result....why??

we got a lot of assgn and project to do until x time to do our revision. so some of the DL in my faculty really pandai one lah...x only pandai in academic, but pandai in neglect their responsibilities to do the assgn and project..all d assgn and project they x involve loh...eventhough involved but do less things or do the wrong one, not pay responsible or effort to do all tat...so they got time to do their revision, and their carry marks still high cz got their group members help them to do...DL??hehe....wanna laugh...

but of course got some really brilliant one can handle their assgn and projects and still got good marks in final lah...
fat_bunny
fat_bunny

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 pm

im a 1st year. how abt fsts??? hw many students get DL??
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? Empty DL in FSS

Post by alexander721 Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

well, got 3.00 is considered good enough and respectable to FSS students oh....
i support ACME's statements...hehehe
no matter how great u do your assignment or answer for exam, the lecturers tend to expecting more, is it true though...
hence, lecturers from other faculties treat FSS students, as though the FSSs are superhuman or can do things very well like that....
WTF,should treat the FSS fairly just like ya own faculty's students ba...
Why have to be differentiate the students so clearly oh...
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male
Number of posts : 92

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander721 Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Anyway, ONCE U HAD CHOSEN FSS....
there is no way back, you should movin on and get into the business so badly oh...
HEHEHEHE!!!
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:09 am

Alex, you're from Cempaka hor... haha XD
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander721 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:33 pm

psylancer wrote:Alex, you're from Cempaka hor... haha XD

why???? i might be from taz,bgr...why so particular with cempaka oh?
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander721 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:36 pm

so..folks...
next time u meet FSS's students...pls respect them..lol
just kidding lo...

anyway,pls try to take complementary from FSS...if u r lucky enough..u can get A for the paper...if only d lecturer is ....erm..u know la..
alexander721
alexander721
Espresso
Espresso

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:15 pm

alexander721 wrote:why???? i might be from taz,bgr...why so particular with cempaka oh?

I'm just taking a wild guess, anyhow I'm withdrawing my question.
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next