Uni-Kopitiam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Marvel Heroes USB Flash/Thumbdrive 2 Years Warranty for Collection
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm by kyliew

» Any place to learn archery?
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm by demuntimun

» 10 reasons of uni-kopitiam's silence
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» may a couple be good friend after break up??
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» new couples formed in UKF
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 am by KaKa*HiMeMiYa

» Have your girl friend do the list below? If yes, marry her
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm by joycetantan

» fallin in love so fast??? wat do u think???
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm by joycetantan

» Window Vista vs Window 7
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:02 pm by joycetantan

» same age?boy is elder den girl?girl is elder than boy?which one u prefer?
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am by fat_bunny

Poll

How's ur relationship wif people in UNIMAS???

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% [ 4 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 41% [ 14 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% [ 13 ]
Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 34

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 43 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

+12
>nocturnal<
fat_bunny
psylancer
lightning_siput
who m i?
KaKa*HiMeMiYa
bumi dragon lord
Ms Kye
halo
Heby_KakiOfUKF
Kopitiam_kaki™
Acme
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Empty Re: Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by piggy Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:08 am

haha.. should be before end of this sem i guess.. haha.. LI? FK LI for how long? 2 months? LI at here or selangor?
piggy
piggy

Female
Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 Empty Re: Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system?

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:12 am

LI 4 months. Aka the whole of next sem. I'll be back in selangor to do my LI... lol... here got no place for me to stay :D
psylancer
psylancer

Male
Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:45 am

haha.. so good.. got the whole sem to be at home.. nvm, i after another sem i'll be doing my LI also.. haha..
piggy
piggy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:03 pm

psylancer wrote:Well spotted, it's GPA, my bad. OK, let's see, what do you mean by CGPA naturally will be perfect four?

While I'm quite oblivious about the management's board's dispute, I'm still unaware of the current DL's bar, is it confirmed that it is 3.75? Which comes to another question, my (word) DL is not in yet, and I'm getting a little anxious and pissed now.

FSS vs FSKPM? Well, that is something that I may never be able to witness, my friends have been cruising through pretty fine, or maybe its just them?

Note : The syllabus, weight and difficulties have been well debated over the years, but again, I would like to emphasize that my point is only supported by the rule of probabilities, of course those three variables are important but bear in mind, they are subject to change with the quality of students for a particular sample. We may have Einsteins for one batch and normal people for another

You're not crazy, just a person with an opinion and not afraid to say it Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 828579

If all GPA is 4.00, CGPA of course 4.00. That's what i meant.
Darn it, they canceled the DL ceremony, sigh. Another of my paper lost. *Bish*
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:03 pm

psylancer wrote:
alexander721 wrote:well..initially u have took wrong step ady..
i mean by choosing mates, as u mentioned that they r stingy!!!
u shouldn't recruit them.. cari pasal aje la..
find someone who really committed in assignment-ing rather than depend on d so-called d-lister.. that's just a title!!
WTF... who knew whether they really understood about d lecture conducted or not, they might be simply hafal and "print" d famous slide notes.

How about being stuck with the group assigned by the lecturer? We have no say in changing group members and have to bear with the pain in the you know where. Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 642522

Assigned by lecturer group mates, its the same as working in the corporate, sometimes you never know who you're working with and don't even know who they are if its a trans-national corporation project.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:04 pm

fi_shy026 wrote:actually it depends to whom is taking the course, if you says FSS so hard to score, then why still got student got Dean list?????? Not logic...
Someone who get dean list really put many effort in both theory and practical, but not either one...

Dean List actually is not easy as you think, every faculties have it own so called rules and regulations, so cannot judge in this way :)

I could say the same, money is hard to make, but everyone is still making it?! Yikees!
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:06 pm

yayyy...acme's back. Yes, the crappiness of not having DL ceremony -_-
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:07 pm

psylancer wrote:does that means that the others fac's DL is less worthy than FSS's?

Thou shall not derive and mislead the idea. Hehe.
None are saying less worthy, was saying syllabus and DL pointer level.

Anyways, the ceremony is suppose to be held on 29th, but they canceled it. As told, need to collect the papers from the faculty office personally.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:08 pm

So happy I'm back? Dong dong wireless changed the IP and my lappy can't detect the next IP. Need to ask from friend. Haihz.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:38 pm

wherefor art thou? The line in BRC is quite OK at the moment...
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:22 pm

i heard they gonna raise the cgpa for dean's list to 3.70...
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male
Number of posts : 1113
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by psylancer Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Holy (word), they are?
psylancer
psylancer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 pm

i'm not so sure... but i heard that from a trusted source.
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Heby_KakiOfUKF Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 pm

yea...i heard that oso...starting from this sem onwards...haiz...thn there will be more hard to get DL liao lo....hahaha...,muz work hard
Heby_KakiOfUKF
Heby_KakiOfUKF

Female
Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by halo Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 am

muhaha......next semester will be very chanllenging sem....
must telan more book n "external hard disk" .....
halo
halo
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato

Female
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopitiam_kaki™ Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:45 am

gambateh evry1.....
Kopitiam_kaki™
Kopitiam_kaki™
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lipstick Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Oh my... 3.7??? very2 hard to get that... even study maut... Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 723881
Lipstick
Lipstick
Latte
Latte

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 pm

if really like that, better don't give DL. let it extinct since nobody can get bah. just give Dumb List. sure many students can get
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:49 pm

although what i heard to get DL need at least 3.7 but when the result is out, even 3.5 also got DL.. so which is the truth? 3.5 or 3.7 to get DL?
piggy
piggy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lipstick Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:26 am

maybe there is a problem. maybe we shud ask the pihak atasan i think... Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 863362
Lipstick
Lipstick
Latte
Latte

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopitiam_kaki™ Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:58 am

i think in the "current result" thr in anjung UNIMAS 2gether with ur cGPA thr stated wether u gt "Kepujian Dekan" or nt.....
Kopitiam_kaki™
Kopitiam_kaki™
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male
Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:45 pm

>nocturnal< wrote:i heard they gonna raise the cgpa for dean's list to 3.70...

Muahaha, got some real sweat result! Nope "no" idea... for the "oldies" is 3.50 for DL if not mistaken, and the 3.70 only applicable for those from and after the batch of 2008/2009, namely, the "freshies". So how real and how accurate is this, I'm not too sure myself.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Lipstick wrote:maybe there is a problem. maybe we shud ask the pihak atasan i think... Dean's List (DL) hard to get? Or faculty very loose syllabus and marking system? - Page 3 863362

The "increase of level/quality" in UNIMAS through the incremental if pointer is much discontented anyways, from various faculties and their boards. From a meeting I have, the "increase" thingy was decided two semester ago, some faculties objected it and pointed that some faculties being having the marking system being "too loose". Well, that's how I started off this thread anyways. Thou the figure is about out on the pointer of "3.75 - 3.80" (my memory sucks).

Cheers, see what happens this semester in the DL ceremony.
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by >nocturnal< Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Acme wrote:
>nocturnal< wrote:i heard they gonna raise the cgpa for dean's list to 3.70...

Muahaha, got some real sweat result! Nope "no" idea... for the "oldies" is 3.50 for DL if not mistaken, and the 3.70 only applicable for those from and after the batch of 2008/2009, namely, the "freshies". So how real and how accurate is this, I'm not too sure myself.

yeah! that's it! mr. philosopher of ukf is back!!!
>nocturnal<
>nocturnal<

Male

Character sheet
Insane Posters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Acme Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:17 am

*bish* Boombed T_T No, just a NOOB here ^@^
Not back yet, still enjoying my sweet holiday in Peninsula

Will try to confirm about those DL and pointer stuffs thou...
UNIMAS have "First Class Honor Graduates" or things of so on??
Acme
Acme
Coffee Frappuccino
Coffee Frappuccino

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next